Mika comes out as gay
Aug 7, 2012, 10:02 GMT
Mika has revealed he is gay.
While his sexuality has been the subject of speculation for years, Mika has finally admitted he is homosexual and says the songs on his new album 'The Origin of Love' are inspired by his love affairs with men.
He told gay publication Instinct Magazine: 'If you ask me am I gay, I say yeah. Are these songs about my relationship with a man? I say yeah. And it's only through my music that I've found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics. This is my real life.'
In an interview three years ago, the 28-year-old pop star claimed he hates to put a label on himself but admitted he was bisexual.
He said: 'I've never ever labelled myself. But having said that, I've never limited my life. I've never limited who I sleep with ... Call me whatever you want. Call me bisexual, if you need a term for me.'
He later added: 'I consider myself label-less because I could fall in love with anybody - literally - any type, any body. I'm not picky.'
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&C
COMMENT on Mika comes out as gaycomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in People
- 1. Tim Curry recovering from stroke
- 2. Will Smith's allegedly strange ideas about raising kids continues
- 3. Amanda Bynes' platinum wig disguise for court
- 4. Kendall Jenner's navel gazing remarks enrage Frances Bean Cobain and Twitterverse
- 5. Crazy Triangle: LeAnn Rimes, Brandi Glanville and Courtney Love?