Penn welcomes Charlie Sheen on Haiti mission
Mar 5, 2011, 22:13 GMT
New York/Washington - Actor Charlie Sheen, whose violent rants during television interviews prompted police to remove his two children this week, might undertake a humanitarian mission to Haiti.
Fellow actor Sean Penn told US magazine that Sheen would be welcome to join him in his ongoing efforts to help Haiti recover from the January 2010 earthquake.
'I think his energies, intelligence and passion could be both of service and servicing to him, as it is to all who are touched by the struggle of the Haitian people,' Penn was quoted as saying by US on Friday. 'Charlie is one of the very few public people who cannot be accused of using the media to his own benefit.'
Earlier in the week, Sheen, US television's highest paid actor, (Two and a Half Men) announced he was 'heading' to Haiti and would refocus the intense media attention now on him onto Haiti's problems..
The hit TV show has cancelled the show after Sheen publicly ranted criticism at the producer. A flurry of broadcast interviews followed in which his bizarre statements about his lifestyle and abilities has prompted many to question his mental state.
On Tuesday, police removed Sheen's twin children from the house he shares with two girlfriends after ex-wife Brooke Mueller was granted a temporary restraining order against him.
Mueller claims that Sheen, 45, threatened to kill her, saying: 'I will cut your head off, put it in a box and send it to your mom.'
Penn, 50, told US magazine that Sheen's 'energies, intelligence and passion could be both of service and servicing to him, as it is to all who are touched by the struggle of the Haitian people.'
Read more about Haiti
Read more about US People