Oasis snubbed Glastonbury
May 2, 2010, 6:01 GMT
Michael Eavis was snubbed by Oasis.
The Glastonbury Festival founder revealed the group - who split in August last year when Noel Gallagher left the band following a series of rows with his brother, singer Liam Gallagher- were asked to headline last year's event, but turned him down in favour of playing the double-venued V festival, when they famously cancelled the second of their headlining slots at the last minute.
Michael said: "They've all fallen out now. I offered them a chance last year but they didn't take it. So they did their own shows... and then they all bust up. To give them the opportunity to come back... they shot themselves in the foot Oasis last year didn't they? They should have taken me up on my offer. No-one's ever cancelled on me!"
Michael also revealed that singer Kylie Minogue - who pulled out of a headline spot after being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 - will not be invited back to perform at the world-famous event.
He told BANG Showbiz: "Kylie Minogue was going to do it years ago, but then she was ill, we're over Kylie. We've all moved onto different things!"
Michael claims this year's festival - held in Somerset for three days at the end of June - which will be headlined by Stevie Wonder, U2 and Muse, will be a bigger success than ever.
He said: "It's going to be huge, well it's so big isn't it. We've got loads of new bands, like Vampire Weekend. We've got loads of stuff. It's really a fantastic line-up and it's not just the headliners either."