Nicole Richie awarded order
Nov 17, 2009, 12:04 GMT
Nicole Richie - Nicole Richie has been granted a restraining order against two paparazzi who she claims caused her recent car accident. © Chris Hatcher / PR Photos
Nicole Richie has been granted a restraining order against two paparazzi who she claims caused her recent car accident.
The reality TV star appeared in court yesterday (16.11.09) to testify how the two male photographers, Eduardo Arrivabene and Ivon Miguel, had been hounding her constantly.
She said: "For months they have been following me prior to the October 5 accident and they continued to pursue me even after the accident. I have been diagnosed with something now and I don't feel good."
Speaking about the incident, which happened following a lunch with her mother, Nicole recalled: "I was on foot, I got in my car to drive east to go to a business meeting. They were cutting each other off, to lobby for a better position. They were trying to get in front of me or beside me, I was following my mom. I crossed on yellow. They ran the red light in order to follow me. Then I stopped, then out of nowhere, a car slammed right into me."
The judge has ruled the two men are to stay 50 yards away from Nicole and her two children - 22-month-old Harlow and two-month-old Sparrow - for the next three years.
Although the 28-year-old beauty mistakenly referred to partner Joel Madden as her husband while testifying, he will not be covered by the order as they are not legally wed.
However, the Good Charlotte rocker was in court to reveal what happened when he heard from Nicole immediately after the accident.
He said: "She was hysterical. I could barely understand what she was saying. I instructed her to stay in the car. I knew the paparazzi had caused it, so I knew it would be a scene right there. She also told me when the accident happened, that they were filming her right after the accident. From the accident, from then to now, she is always terrified."