Michael Jackson homicide claims
Jul 15, 2009, 9:17 GMT
It has been alleged the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) believe the singer\'s death - he passed away aged 50 from a suspected cardiac arrest last month - may have been due to anaesthesia Propofol, and they believe Michael\'s personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray could have been involved. EPA/TANNEN MAURY
Michael Jackson's death is reportedly being treated as a homicide.
It has been alleged the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) believe the singer's death - he passed away aged 50 from a suspected cardiac arrest last month - may have been due to anaesthesia Propofol, and they believe Michael's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray could have been involved.
Gossip website TMZ reports: "Law enforcement sources say there is already 'plenty of powerful evidence' linking Dr. Murray as the person who administered the drug to Jackson. The evidence includes various items found in Jackson's house, including the Propofol, an IV stand and oxygen tank.
"And we've learned the LAPD has had 'multiple conversations' with the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, although the case has not been formally presented to the district attorney."
Propofol is a sedative which is so strong it is used to put patients to sleep before surgery. It has previously been claimed Michael used it to help him overcome insomnia.
The police investigation into the 'Beat It' singer's death continued yesterday (14.07.09), when Michael's long-term dermatologist was issued with a subpoena.
Los Angeles County's chief coroner investigator Craig Harvey said: "We are serving a coroner subpoena at the office of Dr. Klein to obtain medical records. That is all I can comment on."
Harvey added the move was not unusual, revealing several other subpoenas have been issued in relation to Michael's death.
Klein's lawyer Bradley Boyer said: "Dr. Klein has been and continues to cooperate with the coroner's office into the investigation if the death of Michael Jackson. There will be no further comments in Dr. Klein at this time. Also the coroner has indicated to us that Dr. Klein is not under investigation by the coroner's office."
Meanwhile, Las Vegas businessman Jack Wishna - who tried to stage comeback shows for Michael in 2006 and 2007 - has opened up about his time with the reclusive star.
He claims he found Michael - who is survived by three children, Prince Michael I, 12, Paris, 11, and seven-year-old Prince Michael II - a 16,000 sq ft Las Vegas home in December 2006, but was amazed by the state Michael left in when he moved.
Jack explained to E! News: "I'm looking around the house for him and I go into the master bedroom and there's no mattress on the bed. I go into another bedroom, there's no mattresses on the bed. I finally open up a room that was kind of like an empty room and all the mattresses are on the floor lined up so Michael can sleep there with the three kids.
"The day he moved out, the Christmas trees were still up seven months later. It was totally a mess."
Jack also claims Michael - who alleged he was physically abused by his father Joe as a child - had a fraught relationship with Joe, and once left him waiting outside the home for nine-and-a-half hours.
He said: "Joe left without seeing him. I believe Michael was tormented tremendously from his early childhood."