Michael Jackson revealed death fears
Jul 14, 2009, 9:33 GMT
(FILE) Michael Jackson\'s children from left Paris Jackson (L), Prince Michael Jackson II (also known as Blanket) and Prince Michael Jackson I The pop legend - who died of a suspected cardiac arrest last month aged 50 - confided in 11-year-old Paris about his fears just one month before his shock passing, reportedly saying: "I\'m going to die soon? someone wants me dead." EPA/GABRIEL BOUYS
Michael Jackson told his daughter he was convinced he was going to be murdered.
The pop legend - who died of a suspected cardiac arrest last month aged 50 - confided in 11-year-old Paris about his fears just one month before his shock passing, reportedly saying: "I'm going to die soon? someone wants me dead."
Author Ian Halperin claims Michael believed Paris was the only person he could truly trust and he told her he didn't believe he would live until the end of June.
In his new book 'Unmasked: The final Years of Michael Jackson', Halperin writes: "He called her into his room and told her not to get mad at him if he didn't make it to Father's Day (21.06.09). He felt extremely ill. Unfortunately, no-one wanted to help him."
Ian also alleges one of Michael's aides told him the 'Thriller' singer was being giving potent prescription drugs "like candy".
The aide said: "Someone wants him dead. They keep feeding him pills like candy. They are trying to push him over the edge.
"He needs serious help. The people around him will kill him."
Ian's claims have been backed up by Michael's family, with both his father Joe and sister La Toya alleging he was murdered.
Ian also insists Michael was forced into performing 50 comeback shows at London's O2 arena and was not fit enough to do it.
He said: "Michael was in extreme pain, especially the last few months and weeks of his life. With his tour looming, the only way he'd be able to get up was with the use of drugs to help him, to numb the pain.
"Michael was the first to admit he was in no condition to do a two-hour show. And they were going to camouflage it with old video clips, new video clips and dancers on stage."
Joe has also claimed his son didn't want to commit to the mammoth 'This Is It' run.
The 79-year-old music mogul said: "The comeback tour was a good idea but there were more dates added on to it.
"Michael told me himself that he only agreed to 10 shows."
The concerts were due to start last night (13.07.09) and as a tribute to the 'King of Pop' many fans gathered at The O2, where they lit candles and sang his songs.
Meanwhile, a reality TV show featuring Michael's brothers, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Randy, has been put on hold in the wake of his death.