Hasselhoff's ex Bach escalates the war
By Stone Martindale May 7, 2007, 20:15 GMT
Actor David Hasselhoff REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/Files
"Baywatch" star David Hasselhoff's visitation rights with his two teenage daughters were curtailed by a Los Angeles judge on Monday, pending further review of a videotape believed made by one daughter showing the actor in a drunken state.
Judge Mark Juhas scheduled the court date of May 21 when another hearing on the matter is scheduled.
Hasselhoff has released statements to TMZ and other websites admitting last week that he had struggled to overcome alcoholism after the videotape emerged online.
"Despite that I have been going through a painful divorce and I have recently been separated from my children due to my work, I have been successfully dealing with my issue," he said.
"Unfortunately, one evening I did have a brief relapse, but part of recovery is relapse."
Hasselhoff, 54, said his two daughters from his 16-year marriage to actress Pamela Bach were concerned for him and a tape was made one night to show what he was like drunk.
"I have seen the tape. I have learned from it and I am back on my game," he said.
"The tape was never meant to become public but got into the hands of individuals who are not worthy of mentioning, who maliciously released the tape for their own self purpose. I hope that someone else will learn from the tape, as I have."
Bach and her attorney are scheduled to go on CNN's Larry King live to further dissect the family's private matter for a court of public opinion.