Nicole Richie denies gastric op
Nov 15, 2006, 12:20 GMT
Nicole Richie has denied claims she had gastric bypass surgery to lose weight and has now had the operation reversed.
The 'Simple Life' star's weight dropped dramatically in the last year but she has recently started to look healthier and she insists her new fuller figure is the result of seeking advice from medical experts.
A recent gossip story claiming a "Hollywood starlet" had a gastric band fitted and then had it removed after losing too much weight, is rumoured to be about Nicole.
But the 25-year-old's publicist has refuted the reports, saying: "It is not Nicole. There are a ton of 'Hollywood starlets'."
At her thinnest Nicole allegedly weighed just 90 lbs, which medical experts said was dangerously unhealthy for her 5ft 2ins frame.
The brunette, the adopted daughter of singer Lionel Richie, checked into the Beau Monde treatment centre in October to seek help gaining weight, but checked out 72 hours.
After she had left the facility Nicole was seen partying at Hollywood nightclub Hyde with 'Mean Girls' star Lindsay Lohan.
It was alleged Nicole collapsed at the club and was carried out by friends through the back door.
Nicole has always denied that she has an eating disorder and insisted she entered the $80,000-a-month centre in Newport Beach to undergo tests to find out why she couldn't out on weight.
A spokeswomen said at the time: "Nicole has decided to undergo diagnostic treatment to determine why she's not been putting on any weight."
(C) BANG Media International