Washington - Popstar Michael Jackson failed to appear at a New Orleans court hearing Wednesday in a case that accuses the singer of sexually assaulting a teen in 1984, according to a local television newscast.
U.S. District Court Judge Eldon Fallon was displeased that neither Jackson nor one of his attorneys showed up and set a new court date for August.
The civil suit was brought by Joseph Thomas Bartucci. He said Jackson molested him more than 20 years ago when he was 18 years old. Bartucci said he had repressed the memory of the alleged incident until 2003.
A California jury had proclaimed Jackson innocent of sexual assault charges in a different case earlier this year.
Memorial Day Weekend is sliding up on us, and we could not be happier about this. It means a few days where time is a little bit slower, and the food and drink are savory and satisfying but not too heavy. ... more