Taylor Swift sets Billboard chart records
Nov 4, 2010, 23:30 GMT
Taylor Swift October 26, 2010. © Paul Froggatt / PR Photos
Los Angeles - Country star Taylor Swift has set three new chart records by having 11 songs from her new album Speak Now reach the Billboard Hot 100 chart at the same time, Billboard said Thursday.
According to Billboard, Swift is the only female artists ever to have that many songs on the charts. The only act to beat that number is The Beatles, who had 14 charting songs in 1964.
Swift is also the only artists to have that many songs from a single album, since the Beatles record was set with tunes from Please Please Me and A Hard Day's Night.
Also setting a precedent was the fact that Swift wrote all her own songs, whereas the Beatles records included some cover songs such as Twist and Shout and Roll Over Beethoven.
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CTaylor Swift Biography -
Taylor Swift Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites
COMMENT on Taylor Swift sets Billboard chart recordscomments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in Music
- 1. An Evening with Sarah McGuinness benefitting Little Kids Rock
- 2. Red Fang new album and tour dates (VIDEO)
- 3. Hank Williams Jr. Summer 2013 tour dates announced
- 4. Clairy Browne & the Bangin’ Rackettes continue touring, NPR and more
- 5. Americana Music Association announces nominees for 2013 awards