Michael Jackson teaming up with the New Kids on the Block
Jul 10, 2008, 10:00 GMT
Michael Jackson - 2006 World Music Awards - Arrivals - Earl\'s Court in London - London, UK © SOLARPIX.COM Photorazzi
Michael Jackson is set to collaborate with New Kids On The Block.
The reformed boy band's singer, Donny Wahlberg, revealed the plan as the group - who announced they were reuniting earlier this year - celebrated the launch of their comeback tour, which starts in September.
Donny said: "It's very exciting. It's one big party and everyone wants to join us."
The band held secret talks with Michael, 49, at his Nevada home last week.
They are the latest in a string of artists - including Kanye West, will.i.am, Ne-Yo and Akon - rumoured to be working with him as he attempts to revive his career following his acquittal of child abuse charges three years ago.
The 'Bad' singer was due to release his hotly anticipated new album later this year, but no release date has been announced yet.
A source said: "He has been in the studio for months. He wants to create an amazing album and won't release anything until he is totally satisfied."
Meanwhile, Michael left his house in a wheelchair yesterday (09.07.08).
During a trip to shops with his children - Prince, 11, Paris, 10, and six-year-old Blanket - a minder pushed the star in the chair.
Michael wore pyjama bottoms for the outing, but covered his face in a mask, sunglasses, black towel and baseball cap.