Lucas confirms 4th Indiana Jones pic
By Scott Rosenberg Dec 31, 2006, 3:18 GMT
Dolly Parton (L) and George Lucas share some thoughts following the State Department Dinner for the 29th Kennedy Center Honors dinner at the Department of State in Washington, D.C. late Saturday, 02 December 2006.EPA/RON SACHS / POOL
I feel like I’ve just opened one of my best presents Christmas morning (of course it is a week late).
Even though director George Lucas announced at the Rome International Film Festival last October that he had teamed up with Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford for the fourth Indiana Jones movie, he confirmed in an interview on December 30th that script had been finalized for the action adventure movie and it would begin filming next year.
While not giving up plot, Lucas said, “It’s going to be a character piece that will include very interesting mysteries. I think it's going to be really cool – the best one yet."
Ford will reprise his role and Spielberg will direct.
Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade."
Shoot locations were not confirmed however Lucas said that a portion of the movie would be filmed in Los Angeles.
Next chapter of the movie franchise is expected to hit the big screen in May 2008