True confession time: I hate mascara and applying false eyelashes with the Duo glue and then worrying if all that junk is going to pop off at the worst possible time. When I get dressed and need to look my best, I want my face to be finished, but not Kardashian spider-leg drag in the lash department either. The truth is, womens’ faces are greatly enhanced with a lush lash line.
Look at poor Uma Thurman, who went out without mascara recently. She had the whole world thinking she did something weird to her face. She just forgot to put on her lashes!
Blinkbar was recommended to me when I was planning a trip and I didn’t want to worry about makeup, but after reading and hearing some horror stories about “dead people juice” adhering lash extensions, I was completely turned off.
After some research and digging, I found that the Blinkbar uses formaldehyde free adhesives, and that they had officially launched their first brick and mortar shop in Santa Monica, down the street from my office. After seeing a friend go through the process and look amazing with no issues, I was game to try it.
Not only has Blinkbar set the stage as the first in its industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee, they are the only brand to offer a comprehensive “Lash Menu” for clients to browse. Featuring more than 300 types of lashes, ranging from silk to cruelty-free Siberian mink, and an extensive training program unlike any in the industry, their team of certified beauticians technicians undergo over 1000 hours of training instead of the typical one day course most technicians go through, and they specialize solely in customized lash extensions.They do nothing else.
There are 10 different looks on offer, from the subtle “Kitty-Corner” lashes to the “Ultra Matte Maddie” lashes that give a natural look with a matte finish. “Lexi in the Limelight” includes four different sized lashes for flirty dimension, while the “Tickled Mink” set are their high end set, an ultra-light, cruelty-free Siberian mink strand set. These lashes can last up to six weeks, making your beauty routine low maintenance with high glamour results.
Look, I make palpable air drafts now with my lashes!
Blinkbar is dedicated to building a brand clients can trust with the added benefit of not having to wear mascara for a month and still look fabulous. They’re saving me a ton of time with my new “ready-to-go” lashes.
- The process takes between one to three hours depending on what you select. It is a meticulous process, wear cozy clothes, take off your shoes and make sure you go to the bathroom before the session starts!
- The glue doesn’t burn and you must take your contacts out because they don’t want to damage them.
- The lashes are glued on to your natural hairs and they will fall out with the natural cycle of your lash turnover. If you want them taken off sooner, they can do it safely for you.
- Do not shower, sweat, swim or do anything that involves water near your eyes for 24 hours after you get your lashes done.
- Don’t use oil based products around your lashes. That includes oily moisturizers, eyeliners and makeup removers.
- Be careful when rubbing your eyes or taking off your make up. Use cotton q-tips and oil free eye makeup remover, do not “scrub” your eyes when cleaning your face. Use the gentle lash fluffer given to you for daily maintenance to separate and keep them looking good.
- Eyelash extensions require maintenance, if you love being free from mascara, get fills every 2-3 weeks.
- Please do not sleep on your face. It makes more wrinkles anyway so just knock it off.
Eyes are the windows to the soul, and I was sporting sexy new frames! My lash set selected was called the Black Velvet Vera. This versatile set of lashes is a glam silk/mink blend, carbon black and sumptuously soft with a sleek, full, luscious finish. I love not having to take off mascara. Or put it on. Did I mention I absolutely despise mascara? I feel your pain, Uma.
Remember that lash extensions are offered at many salons as an added service, but Blinkbar lash technicians are licensed total experts! Make sure you go to the best, these people care about what they do and want to see you back, happy and satisfied.