America's Greenest T-Shirt Company™ The Mountain® creates, develops, dyes, prints arresting T shirts and more in Marlborough, NH. They also ship from Keene, NH. which makes their carbon footprint much smaller than most companies dyeing and printing overseas.
• More than 80% of the cotton in our shirts is grown in the USA
• They use Organic Reactive Dyes to create their dye library of over 600 colors
• They use waterbase inks to create the amazing soft feel to our prints (99.5% of other T-Shirt printers use petroleum based ink to create their designs on apparel)
• Their shirts are 100% preshrunk cotton (even the thread that holds it together is cotton). If washed according to label instructions, in cold water, not only will your shirt stay at the same size as when you purchased it, but also the print will remain vibrant for years to come.
• Their Oeko-Tex 100 Certification (one of the highest certification worldwide) which guarantees their shirts are free of chemicals harmful to your body
• Mountain's collective consciousness believes that Fair Trade starts at home by taking good care of their employees and their families.
Their t-shirts were featured as part of the WILD multimedia art event on April 11, hosted by SpiritHoods and The Mountain at the DTLA Art Walk.
Beautiful, wild art from Vishvakarma was on display, and Brooklyn's hottest new performance artists The Bumbys were giving out "Fair and Honest Fashion Appraisals" throughout the night to guests who donned the fashionable SpiritHoods and Mountain tees. 100% of SpiritHoods sales and portion of net proceeds from other sales last night will be donated to charities supporting wildlife conservation.
100% of all net profits from SpiritHoods sales went toward the SpiritHoods' supported nonprofits, such as Panda International, Snow Leopard Conservancy India Trust, Predator Defense, Panthera and Polar Bears International. 50% of net profits from art sales and The Mountain merchandise were be donated.
SpiritHoods are the original faux fur animal inspired hood, made in Los Angeles. Spirithoods has expanded their efforts this year to help wildlife, and are donating 10% of net profits from all hoods purchased directly to the conservation of endangered species. For more information about SpiritHoods please visit www.spirithoods.com. Buy A SpiritHood, Help an Animal.
About The Mountain:
For several decades, the Mountain has been a bold player in the t-shirt game. From the iconic Three Wolf Moon to the newest collection of Big Face Animal Tees, The Mountain appeals to anyone who wants to make a statement or simply just have fun with fashion. What started as a '70s staple with concert tees from the Grateful Dead to Bob Marley has grown to include hundreds of eclectic designs, seen on the likes of Jack Black, Three Six Mafia, Jessie J, NBA stars Joakim Noah, Matt Bonner and many others. The Mountain’s cult-like following and undeniable vision has inspired both trends and imitations from the streets all the way to the high fashion runways.
Proud to be called the greenest t-shirt company in the U.S., the New Hampshire-based company's commitment to the environment is in their DNA, from using water-based inks and strictly domestic production, to committing to PVC-free standards for the last 20 years. The Mountain in-house team most recently invented a cutting-edge dye water treatment system that cleans the system's water without the use of chemicals, ensuring that the water expunged in the production process is actually cleaner than it was coming in.
The Mountain can be found at retailers worldwide. For more information please visit www.themountain.com