The year 2013 is here, and itís an exciting time for fun new ways to style your nails!
Many nail trends of 2012 will disappear (say ciao to crackle polishes). From neutral nails to nail art, there's a world of new looks awaiting your fingers and toes.According to Pure Ice, the made in USA company of super affordable fashion colors, the hot new looks include:
Two Tone Frenchies: This nail style has a lot of freedom: Just paint your nails any color and let dry, then add a French tip with a contrasting polish.
Sideways Frenchie: Painting your nails with your choice of polish and add a different-colored vertical stripe on either the right or left side of each nail.
Frenchie tip tricks: The traditional white tips swapped for animal print accents, different colors or wrapped tips, polka-dot, bejeweled tips, the sky is the limit.
Metal power: Metallic Nails in hues of brown, blue, red, and purple will be huge in the year 2013.
Citrus burst: Vibrant shades of tangerine and red orange corals will be a major trend of the year 2013.
Gold: The hottest metal is gold, and adding a gold-infused topcoat to a colorful manicure is mega for 2013.
Half Moon Manicure: Just paint your nails any color, let dry, and then cover the bottom halves of each nail with a cut out of a nail sized hole or a half-circle of tape,. Add a coat of a different-colored polish over the paper/tape covering and the rest of the nail, and then take off the paper/tape covering and let dry.
Odd accents: Blame the vamp culture, as manicures featuring ďbloodyĒ tips, jagged tips, mysterious dark and dripping tips will dominate the year 2013.
Neutral ladylike nails: Clean sheer pins and clean beige and champagne colors will also be seen as a popular look in the year 2013.
Pure Ice Nail Polish does not contain formaldehyde, toluene and DBP.
Bonus intel: Pure Ice will launch 29 new shades in early 2013!
In the wonderful world of nail polish, 'underwear' is the color you use under another color as a layering tool. Every fashionista knows that her underwear can make or break and outfit. Pure Ice makes a dizzying array of them:
Here are the top 13 must-have underwear shades for 2013 from Pure Ice:
1. Viva Las Vegas 845 (paired with Playtime 747) Micro Shimmer Gold
2. On His Saddle (paired with Cheatin 540) Bright Pearl Aquamarine Blue
3. Touch Me Softly 644 (paired with My Wonderland 768) Velour Grape Purple
4. All Nighter 977 (paired with Pardon My French 655) Deep Pearl Burgundy
5. Over the Top 641 (paired with Sea Quin 661) Velour Copper Shimmer
6. Monte Carlo 843 (paired with Twist & Shout 754) Raspberry Jelly
7. Jackpot 972 (paired with Twinkle 765) Glossy Bubble Gum Pink
8. En Vogue 652 (paired with First Party 713) True Fox Orange Red
9. Blue Midnight 649 (paired with Stop Flirtin 687) Velour Denim Blue
10. Ruffled Sheets 650 (paired with Material Girl 670) Velour Chrome Silver
11. Party Hard 753 (paired with Five Some 770) Creme Dark Navy Blue
12. Not Now 311 (paired with Party of Five 665)Pearl Emerald Green
The #13 must-have underwear is Black Rage 980 - A classic creme black that is the perfect for all occasions.
(Pure Ice Nail Polish is sold at Wal-Mart stores nationwide)
Contest alert: Pure Ice is giving away 1000 bottles of PURE ICE to start the new year with a bang!
Pure Ice wants to know why you LOVE your town, city or state!
Create a manicure or nailart that is inspired by something culturally relevant that makes your city special.
If you photo is chosen, you will receive 100 bottles of Pure Ice to start your collection off right.
*The prize will include the sold out colors from the Limited Edition -
Velour Finish, Metro Chic, French Trends, Diamond Couture and Party Girl and our brand new 29 shades for 2013.
10 Winners will be chosen on Jan 18, 2013 and will be announced on Facebook.
Get all your entries in by 9 am Jan 18th to be considered!
*You can upload your entry to you blog, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
Share your photos and blog posts by tagging #PureIceMyCity
Instagram @OfficialPure Ice