Spirits of the Season 2013 will bring you the hottest new varietals and recipes from the coolest distilleries, wineries, restaurants and bars all across the globe!Skinnygirl Cocktails wants to make sure we all celebrate this holiday season without packing on the pounds from our booze of choice.
Now, that is a damn good friend!! Skinnygirl wants me to have a nice warm buzz and not be a fat cow as I dance on the table tops or jump in the pool.
By the way, did you know that Skinnygirl now has four new wine varietals?
Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Cabernet and a Prosecco. They are light and comfortable on the palette. Plus, they are only 100 calories per serving…Yes, I am in love with Skinnygirl, (even though Bethenny Frankel still annoys the heck out of me but far less then the “Countess” who, by the way, drives me to drink.)
But back the pool jumping cocktails for this Halloween. Skinnygirl has come up with a bunch of easy to make, easy to swallow fun drinks that will thrill and chill you for your costume party. Weather you dress as a slutty witch or a slutty nurse or a slutty pirate or a slutty hobo or a slutty nun, you will enjoy these yummy concoctions
· 2 parts Skinnygirl™ Tangerine Vodka
· 1 part fresh blood orange juice
· Optional: candy corn for garnish
1. Combine blood orange juice and vodka in an ice shaker
2. Strain and pour into a frosted martini glass
3. Optional: garnish with candy corn and enjoy!
Hocus Pocus Punch
1 bottle Skinnygirl® Sangria
1 blood orange, sliced into wedges
1 red apple, halved and thinly sliced
Optional: black licorice for garnish
Combine all ingredients into a large pitcher Add ice Chill for at least 30 minutes to set Optional: garnish with licorice wand and enjoy!
* Makes six servings
Skinnygirl® Piña Colada
3 tablespoons corn syrup
1/4 teaspoons red food coloring
Optional: gummy eyeball candy for garnish
Pour the corn syrup in a shallow bowl and add a few drops of red food coloring. Stir with a toothpick to combine. Hold a glass by the stem, dip rim into the syrup mixture, and turn glass, coating entire rim. Turn the glass upright, allowing mixture to drip down sides. Repeat for desired number of glasses. Pour chilled Skinnygirl® Piña Colada into prepared glasses to serve. Optional: garnish with gummy eyeball candy and enjoy!
And for a spooky Hallo-nosh Skinny Girl has come up with some light and fresh munchies to enjoy:
Snack O’ Lantern
Navel orange Canned or fresh fruit salad
To make one lantern, use a small knife to slice the top off a navel orange and cut around its interior to hollow it out.
Scoop out the orange segments, chop them, and mix them with canned or fresh fruit salad. Carve small facial features in one side of the orange, then cut a slit in the lid to accommodate the handle of a green plastic spoon. Fill the lantern with fruit salad.
Insert the spoon and set the lid in place.
Roasted Pumpkin “Guts”
· Pumpkin “guts” (gooey orange and seed mixture)
· 1 tablespoon of light olive oil
· Dash of your favorite spices (try sea salt, cayenne pepper or cinnamon sugar)
1. Separate pumpkin seeds from gooey pumpkin “guts” into a bowl.
2. Toss the seeds with olive oil.
3. Add your favorite spice to taste.
4. Spread the seeds out on a cookie tray and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
5. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
6. When the seeds are dried out and toasted, remove from oven to cool and enjoy!