DVD - The Conspirator [Blu-ray]
In the wake of Abraham Lincoln’s assassination, seven men and one woman are arrested and charged with conspiring to kill the President, Vice President, and Secretary of State.
The lone woman charged, Mary Surratt (Robin Wright), 42, owns a boarding house where John Wilkes Booth (Toby Kebbell), 26, and others met and planned the simultaneous attacks. Against the ominous backdrop of post-Civil War Washington, newly-minted lawyer Frederick Aiken (James McAvoy), a 28-year-old Union war ero, reluctantly agrees to defend Surratt before a military tribunal.
Aiken realizes his client may be innocent and that she is being used as bait and hostage in order to capture the only conspirator to have escaped a massive manhunt, her own son, John (Johnny Simmons).
As the nation turns against her, Surratt is forced to rely on Aiken to uncover the truth and save her life. From director Robert Redford, The Conspirator is a riveting thriller that tells a powerful story about America then and now.
Order this DVD
|Release Date (USA):||2011-08-16|
|Release Date (UK):||-|
|Rating (UK) :||NA|
|James McAvoy||Frederick Aiken|
|Justin Long||Nicholas Baker|
|Alexis Bledel||Sarah Weston|
|Evan Rachel Wood||Anna Surratt|
|Robin Wright Penn||Mary Surratt|
|Kevin Kline||Edwin Stanton|
• Video Commentary with Director Robert Redford
• Audio Commentary with Writer James Solomon
• Feature-Length Documentary “The Conspirator: The Plot to Kill Lincoln”
• Introduction to the American Film Company
• Featurette on the True Story Behind the Film
• Making-of Featurette – Interviews with Cast/Crew
• Video from the Premiere at Ford’s Theatre
• “The Conspiracy” Featurette
• Production Design Featurette
• “Mary Surratt’s Catholicism” Featurette
• Costume Design Featurette
• Military Trial Featurette
• Props and Special Effects Featurette
• “Frederick Aiken: Defense Lawyer” Featurette
• “Mary Surratt: Guilty or Innocent” Featurette
• “Sentence and Execution” Featurette
• Photo Galleries
• Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots