Easter is coming, which means many things to many people. For us, we think about the fact Lent is over and we can eat chocolate and Easter Eggs… and what cocktails we will be whipping up to make for the adults while the kids are hunting for said eggs…
The geniuses at Kahlúa, the classic rum and coffee liqueur, have put on their mad hatters and come up with a delicious newcomer to the mixer/liqueur market. At under $20 a bottle, it will become a favorite for those who adore the sweet and salty balance tinged with fresh coffee.
Their latest limited-edition offering, Kahlúa Salted Caramel, is a perfect balance of coffee and caramel flavors. It makes an amazing version of classic Kahlua Brownies too.
We came up with this original recipe based on the classic recipe as a starting point:
Kahlua Salted Caramel Brownies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened or very high % dark 70%+ chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tahitian vanilla paste or regular vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 3 tablespoons Kahlúa Salted Caramel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- espresso coffee beans for a garnish if desired
Preheat oven to 350°F. and butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan, bang out excess flour.
In a small heavy saucepan melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Cool chocolate mixture to lukewarm.
In a large bowl beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla, espresso powder, and Kahlúa Salted Caramel until mixture is thickened. Beat in chocolate mixture. Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and beat into batter just until blended well.
Spread batter evenly in pan and dot with espresso beans if desired.
Bake brownies in middle of oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out with crumbs adhering to it. Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack before cutting into 25 squares. Brownies can be stored layered between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container at cool room temperature, 5 days.
Kahlúa, the classic rum and coffee liqueur, introduces their latest limited-edition offering, Kahlúa Salted Caramel. This new flavor from the brand was formulated to tastily liven up an iced coffee and to give cocktail lovers a refreshing and delicious twist on their seasonal favorites for spring and summer enjoyment.
Kahlúa Salted Caramel is so well done and really worth stocking up on. The decadent and smooth notes of salted caramel balance perfectly with the taste of Kahlúa, allowing for a sweet indulgence that is reminiscent of simple pleasures and good times.
“Kahlúa is always committed to delivering innovative flavor offerings that take various drinking occasions to the next level,” said Brian Mequet, Vice President, Rum and Liqueurs, Pernod Ricard USA. “While staying true to the classic taste that consumers love, Kahlúa Salted Caramel builds upon the success of our other limited edition flavors and offers new ways to enjoy classic cocktail favorites with an added twist.”
Available at retail locations, Kahlúa Salted Caramel is 20% Alc./Vol. (40 proof) and retails for a suggested price of $17.99 per 750 ml bottle.
To best enjoy Kahlúa Salted Caramel, try their amazing signature recipes and one of ours!
KAHLÚA SALTED CARAMEL ICED COFFEE
- 1 part Kahlúa Salted Caramel
- 2 parts premium chilled coffee
Pour ingredients over ice. Add milk to taste and enjoy.
KAHLÚA SALTED CARAMEL FROZEN MUDSLIDE
- 2 parts Kahlúa Salted Caramel
- 1 part Tito’s or your choice of Vodka
- 1 part Irish cream liqueur
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (Ciao Bella Madagascar Vanilla a good choice)
Add ingredients with ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Top with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
KAHLÚA SALTED CARAMEL COLADA
- 1 part Kahlúa Salted Caramel
- 1 part Malibu rum
- 1 part coconut cream
- 1 part pineapple juice
- 2 rings of fresh pineapple
Blend all ingredients with ice and pour into a highball glass.
**Kahlua Salted Caramel SemiFreddo is M&C’s heaven on earth after dinner treat:
- Take a scoop or two of quality Vanilla Gelato or Ice Cream in a heat/cold proof tumbler
- Add one shot of espresso, one shot of Kahlua Salted Caramel
- Garnish with a bit of lemon zest or chips or hunks of chocolate