War protester Cindy Sheehan has an upcoming book release titled Peace Mom. In the book hitting bookstores September 19, the antiwar activist admits she has fantasized about going back in time and killing the infant George W. Bush, thereby preventing the Iraq War.
Sheehan’s son’s death in that war and subsequent grief nearly drove her to take her own life: “Every night I had to restrain myself from taking my entire bottle of sleeping pills instead of just one.” Other targets include:
• Senator John McCain, Sheehan calls a liar for denying that he once responded to her question about why her son had to die by saying, “Well, Cindy, I am afraid it’s going to be for nothing, like my buddies in Vietnam.” McCain has denied that on another occasion he told her, “You keep doing what you are doing. America needs to hear your voice.”
• CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Sheehan derides for doing a “hatchet job on me and investigating me with a vengeance. He dredged up everything I ever did or said.” She says her sister had to be restrained from beating up Cooper at the end of their interview.
• Senator John Kerry, Sheehan regrets voting for in 2004, was “unimpressed.”
• Senator Hillary Clinton, she considers “a conservative in liberal clothing. “We don’t need another powermonger in the White House.”
• Advisor Stephen Hadley, Bush’s national security adviser, who allegedly smiled when she once asked him, “Do you guys stop and think sometimes, ‘Wow, I really work for an idiot’?”