Known as: Actress, Model
Eva Green Biography
Eva Green is a French actress and model. She was born in Paris on July 6th 1980.
Green grew up in France, though she attend the English speaking American University of Paris. The actress also spent time in Ireland and London.
Interestingly although famous for her dark smouldering look she is actually a natural blonde and has died her hair black since she was 15. It was just before this time that Green decided she wanted to be an actress.
Her early stage appearances included Jalousie en Trois Fax in 2001 and Turcaret in 2002.
Green’s first movie role was as Isabelle in Bernardo Bertolucci’s The Dreamers. This was a fairly risky move by the young actress as Bertolucci also made Last Tango in Paris and so had a reputation for not pulling punches when it comes to sex. Indeed The Dreamers featured a lot of full frontal nudity and graphic sexual scenes.
However, it worked out well for Green who garnered some critical praise for her part and was cast in Ridley Scott’s Crusader epic Kingdom of Heaven. After this she went on to play atypical bond girl Vesper Lynd in Casino Royale and again her performance was well received.
Other notable roles include the very dark Vanessa Ives in Showtime’s series Penny Dreadful and Ava Lord in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
Green is pretty private about her personal life and at the time of writing lives alone and says she likes the quiet life.
Eva Green News and Features
- First look at the trailer for ‘300: Rise of an Empire’
- Dark Shadows – Blu-ray Review
- Perfect Sense on Blu-ray and DVD
- Dark Shadows Los Angeles Premiere Pictures
- New pictures from Dark Shadows
- First trailer for Tim Burton’s wacky ‘Dark Shadows’ movie
- First look at Dark Shadows
- The Rum Diary European Premiere Pictures
- Perfect Sense UK Premiere Pictures
- Starz ‘Camelot’ suffered after losing James Purefoy, series canceled
- Roth joins ‘Arbitrage’
- Moretz could be in the ‘Dark Shadows’
- Thomas McDonell sees ‘Dark Shadows’
- Starz ‘Camelot,’ Purefoy is pure joy, some thoughts on premiere
- Michelle Pfeiffer lurking in the ‘Dark Shadows’
- Eva Green lurking in the ‘Dark Shadows’
- SFP-NOW Starz ‘Camelot’ special podcast alert
- Al Pacino gambles on ‘Arbitrage’
- James Purefoy is King Lot in ‘Camelot’, Fiennes and Chibnall chat about Starz series
- Mickey Rourke to pose for ‘Mona Lisa’
- In photos: ‘Screening of Franklyn at The Times BFI London Film Festival’