Ready to get gorgeous for the spring equinox?
The weather is finally changing up and the look is light and fresh, and one of our favorite American made cosmetic vendors, Laura Mercier, is leading the charge with amazing looks worn by celebrities on the red carpet.
Ready? Let’s dig into Maggie Q’s makeup kit!
Celebrity Makeup Artist Mai Quynh for Laura Mercier created Maggie Q’s stunning look for yesterday evening’s LA premiere of “Divergent.” Please see below for details courtesy of Mai so you can try out these products and get a star sanctioned look for yourself.
Maggie Q at the Los Angeles Premiere of “Divergent”
Makeup artist Mai Quynh created a “soft and pretty” makeup look for actress Maggie Q that allowed her “natural beauty to stand out.” Quynh focused on using a dusty rose and soft plum palette to complement the actress’ dress and hair.
The final look was “fresh and polished” with a clean and unfussy palette that looks elegant and highly wearable.
FACE: Natural Complexion Paired with Rosy Pinks
- Quynh first prepped Maggie’s skin by applying RéVive Sensitif Renewal Cream, ($215) to the entire face, and then followed with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, ($33)
- Next, she used a damp BeautyBlender sponge to apply Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation, ($46, NEW September 2014). She stated, “The foundation leaves the skin velvety and touchable. The matte finish is perfect so I don’t need to use too much powder.”
- She then dotted Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-5, ($33) underneath her eyes and around her nose.
- Quynh gently brushed on Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder in Golden Suntan, ($38) to Maggie’s T-zone using the Laura Mercier Powder Brush, ($52).
- Lastly, she layered Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer in Park Ave Princess to her forehead, cheeks and chin. To finish the face, she applied Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Violet Orchid, ($25) to the apples of the actress’ cheeks.
EYES: Soft Plums and Browns
- For her eyes, Quynh first applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst, ($26) onto the lids, from the lash line to the crease.
- Next, she mixed together Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Kir Royal, ($23) and Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Coffee Ground, ($23) and smudged both colors close to the lash line and blended it upwards, fading it into her crease. She then lightly smudged the same two shadows along Maggie’s lower lash line for added definition.
- Finally, she applied two coats of Lancome Definicils Mascara in Black to her top and bottom lashes.
Lips: Light Pink Pout
- Quynh kept lips simple and aligned with the “dusty rose” palette by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Rosewood, ($27).