50 Cent puts new album on hold

Gangsta rapper 50 Cent was planning on releasing a brand new album of new material this July 8 but Shady Records mogul Eminem has told the “In Da Club” rapper to put it on hold for now.

“I get a little frustrated from time to time and I got so much material that I make that isn’t being heard that I was like, ‘Yo, I just wanna release an album again.’ And he was like, ‘Nah, you gotta wait.’ I don’t care about none of that [timing], I just want the record to go out, but it just makes better sense to take our time and recreate the new album,” 50 told MTV News last week.

“By the time the summer passes, the music that I planned to release will be dated to me and I’ll have so many new ideas that I wanna write something else,” said 50.

The next few months will be busy for Fiddy as the rapper will continue to head up his own G-Unit record label, which will release new albums from Lloyd Banks, Mobb Deep and Young Buck within the coming months.

50 Cent’s multi-platinum sophomore album, The Massacre is nominated for International Album Of The Year at this year’s Canadian Juno awards.

Note the date on this article may be incorrect due to importing it from our old system.